The Palancar, Carpet, Hervás and Granadilla
- Visit to the Palancar Convent ( guided tour by a monk who is considered the smallest convent in the world, founded by San Pedro de Alcántara ). Of great austerity, we will be able to observe how the Franciscans lived in the 16th century, their cells, kitchen, one square meter refectory and cloister, all this in a beautiful place isolated from civilization.
- We will continue towards Cáparra ( ancient Roman city on the route of the Vía de la Plata, where a tetrapile arch of 4 meters high next to the vestiges of what was a benchmark in the route that linked the north and south of the Iberian peninsula ). Besides Càparra, it contains an interpretation center in which the importance of the city in its time is visualized.
- The next stop is Granadilla, abandoned town in the decade of the 50 because the Gabriel y Galán swamp flooded their farmland and is currently rebuilt. The beauty that the town offers is that it is a circular walled town, with perfectly preserved castle and which is currently a peninsula- since the only way to access it is a road full of pine and deer-, from the interior of the beautiful restored town it gives the feeling of being surrounded by water by a huge swamp and implies a singular beauty to a place outside the tourist circuits but which you will surely remember when you talk about Extremadura.
- Free time to taste typical dishes.
- Visit to Hervás, capital of the Ambroz valley and containing a perfectly preserved Jewish quarter in a setting of mountains, oak and chestnut.
- Back to the hotel.
Services included in the trip:
- Transfer by conditioned vehicle
- Accompanying guide throughout the journey
- Travel insurance
- Tickets included
- Flexibility in the itinerary depending on the interests of the visitor
Services not included
- Food and drinks are not included during the whole tour.
- No other services not mentioned as included.
- Exclusive product for small groups.
- Departure is guaranteed with 2 persons.
- The group will have an exclusive guide throughout the tour.
- The flexibility of activities within the program is guaranteed according to the tastes and requests of the clients.
- The route will be done with a company car.
- The schedule and route is modifiable according to the client's availability, without this implying a surcharge or additional cost.
You will be given a time for lunch and each person can choose the option that interests them the most.
- Bring comfortable and suitable clothing to the weather of the day of the activity and it is essential that you wear comfortable shoes suitable for all types of terrain.
Departures: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Sundays and holidays, check availability. Salida desde Cáceres. Pick up at the hotel at 10:00 hours.